And climb the stairs to the beach...

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Morning Folks 10 16 05

The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand. ~Frederick L. Knowles








There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.
George Carlin


Robert Frost
The Freedom Of The Moon


I've tried the new moon tilted in the air
Above a hazy tree-and-farmhouse cluster
As you might try a jewel in your hair.
I've tried it fine with little breadth of luster,
Alone, or in one ornament combining
With one first-water start almost shining.

I put it shining anywhere I please.
By walking slowly on some evening later,
I've pulled it from a crate of crooked trees,
And brought it over glossy water, greater,
And dropped it in, and seen the image wallow,
The color run, all sorts of wonder follow.




Moonlight is sculpture. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne


This blog is dedicated to the moon! For the first time in 9 days, I walked out into the night and saw the moon. And it is almost the Full Hunter's Moon, so it was a spectacular and welcomed sight. I thought you'd like Frost's poem about a new moon, even if it is almost full.

Yup. Actually saw the moon tonight. Who knows...maybe tomorrow we will actually see the sun!

Have a Sunny Sunday.
Love,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers