And climb the stairs to the beach...

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Morning Folks 10 08 05

Moving forward
Gwen Meharg

_____________________________________________
Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today? Mary Manin-Morrissey

There is no way to let go of the past without forgiving. Forgiving is a theme that I find myself repeating from time to time on this blog. I am learning so much about that subject in recent years. It is so freeing. I highly recommend it. It's not easy, but if you really are committed to doing it, it becomes much easier each time. And if you have had a taste of what a different life there is on the other side of it you find it easier to take the first step each time you make that decision.

There are still people I have to forgive in my life, including myself on a pretty regular basis. It is an ongoing part of life for me now and each time there is work associated with it. But, without forgiveness, I wouldn't be able to move forward. And I am definitely on the move.

Have a great Saturday.
Love,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers