And climb the stairs to the beach...

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Morning Folks 11 13 05

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. ~Victor Borge

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. ~Yiddish Proverb

When people are laughing, they're generally not killing each other. ~Alan Alda

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~Irish Proverb

A hearty laugh gives one a dry cleaning, while a good cry is a wet wash. ~Puzant Kevork Thomajan


A laugh is a smile that bursts. ~Mary H. Waldrip

I just thought I would focus on laughing today.

Certainly Steve belongs on a blog about laughter? I don't know anyone who laughs more than he does!






And Dad sends jokes to me everyday and sometimes I don't read them because I am in a rush. Other times I need them just to lighten up my day. But I know he is out there when I see Wyndebill in my e-mailbox each morning and knowing that makes me smile. Thank goodness for the computer. There is always laughter just a couple of mouseclicks away.








At work we laugh a lot, if I can get up from my computer, that is. I think we have a very funny office. We have all types of senses of humor. Some of us are funnier than others. Those really funny folks are in my blog mailing list and know who they are!
Andrea and I have almost the same sense of humor. Although Andrea is just a bit more "out there" than I am. Melinda has more homespun kind of humor but is the best audience! If I don't laugh at work I don't consider it a good day.


And then there is Ed's sense of humor. He can be very funny althouth I think the MEN around him probably think he is funnier than the women. And I think the Democrats around him probably think he is funnier than the Republicans.

But, he loves to laugh and I love laughing with him. I just can't quite see the humor in the redneck jokes yet. I think I will get used to them, though.

When we get together with family, the laughter is always the best part of it all. I remember one meal at Chuck and Monica's that I think Eric and Corinna attended, too. We decided to talk like gang members.
I think it was Eric who told us that the gang members of the Bloods who were rivals of the Crypts (sp?)would replace all Cs with Bs when they spoke and vice versa. So we spoke like Bloods while we drank our "Bups of Boffee and ate our Bake" after the meal. It was very funny.

My boys are funny, too. Really funny. I think they are in a competition to see who can be funniest and I don't know who would win. Doug has a more dry and sarcastic delivery that catches you offguard. Bill is more likely to laugh at his own jokes which usually are very funny, but even if they weren't he'd have you laughing. I think they get their senses of humor from me, don't you?






As Thanksgiving approaches we think about the first Thanksgiving and wonder...
"Was there anything to laugh about back then?"

Seriously folks, I know on Thanksgiving I will be thankful for all of you for lots of other reasons but also because you all have made me laugh over the years.
It's a gift to make others laugh and to laugh with others. I don't know which I enjoy more! Have a funny day today!





A few newsy tidbits that I wanted to mention before I forget...

We now have a Doctor in our family. Heather Hall Ross, youngest daughter of Uncle Alan is now officially a doctor! She is a Dr. of Psychology, I think and works with incarcerated criminals. Very scary people, I am sure. But Congrats to Dr. Heather. I remember the day she came home from the hospital in her mother's arms. I said then, 'this girl is going to be a doctor and work with the criminally insane'. Just kidding. But as long as I have known her, I have known she is someone special. She worked long and hard for her Degree and I am proud of her as I am sure is Unc and Heather's hubby Tony.

Bill's girlfriend Kim is on the mend. The two casts, one on her wrist and one on her ankle, she tells me in a phone message last night, should be off in 5 weeks. She is not feeling too much pain now, but it is a real pain in the you-know-what to get around. So keep thinking of Kim...and Bill who I hope is waiting on her hand and foot...or wrist and ankle.

Becky's birthday was last Thursday. I hope to see her today at lunch, although we haven't firmed up plans yet. She is catching up to me since I stopped aging several years ago. Still, she is the baby and it's hard to admit if she is this age, then I am that age...Eeeeeek. Happy Birthday, Becky.

And...we are probably going to have a gathering at Christmas time that includes nephew Gabe and his wife Madeline. I haven't seen Gabe in about 10 years, I think. It will be wonderful to see him. I have missed him and am eager to get to know Madeline. I hope everyone can make it to Chuck and Monica's on the 26th of December. It should be a wonderful time for all of us.

Have a great Sunday.
Love,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers