And climb the stairs to the beach...

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Morning Folks 07 23 05

A BRAND NEW DAY by TIKA

And so do not forget. Every Dawn as it comes is a holy event and every day is holy, for the light comes from "WAKAN-TANKA".And Also you Must remember that the Two-leggeds and All other peoples who Stand upon this Earth are Sacred and Should be Treated as Such.
"White Buffalo Woman" Sioux Sacred Woman, quoted by Black Elk , (Oglala Sioux)1947.



This is a simple thought, really, but one I need to be reminded of from time to time. I should remember that every day is holy and from whom the light of day comes. There is a song we sing in church and the refrain is "When I fall on my knees with my face to the rising sun, O Lord have mercy on me." I love that line. For some reason, though the words seem simple enough, when they are put to the tune, it moves me every time I sing it. There is something so beautiful in visualizing that action of falling on ones knees in prayer, as a sudden, emotional act of surrender and reverence. And turning one's face to the rising sun, eyes tightly shut, feeling the warmth on my face, I send a silent plea to the Creator, to Wakan-Tanka. That rising sun is the holy light the Sioux Woman was talking about. And tomorrow when it rises, I'll remember to be grateful for it and will try to see all people in a sacred light.

Love,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers