And climb the stairs to the beach...

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Morning Folks 07 17 05


Red Geraniums

Life did not bring me silken gowns,
Nor jewels for my hair,
Not signs of gabled foreign towns
In distant countries fair,
But I glimpse, beyond my pane, a green and friendly hill,
And red geraniums aflame upon my window sill.

The brambled cares of everyday,
The tiny humdrum things,
May bind my feet when they would stay,
But still my heart has wings
While red geraniums are bloomed against by window glass,
And low above my green-sweet hill the gypsy wind-clouds pass.

And if my dreamings ne'er come true,
The brightest and the best,
But leave me lone my journey through,
I'll set my heart at rest,
And thank God for home-sweet things, a green and friendly hill,
And red geraniums aflame upon my window sill.

Martha Haskell Clark


Enjoy your Sunday and look for some red geraniums today.
Love-Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers