And climb the stairs to the beach...

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Morning Folks 07 16 05



Summer afternoon - Summer afternoon... the two most beautiful words in the English language.

Henry James (1843 - 1916)


I just love the summer, don't you? I like that everyone seems more relaxed, at least here in New England when the cold of winter is a distant memory. And when you can go to work in capris and polo shirts and people smile more. When a breeze blows warm on your face when you leave the office at the end of the day and the sun is still shining and on the drive home you notice the grass is still green and there are flowers in bloom and everything is just prettier and, oh boy, thank God it's Friday.

There are lots of things you can do on a summer afternoon: Go for a walk, watch a baseball game, visit some friends, go to the beach. But sometimes just the quiet of my backyard is my choice on a perfect summer afternoon. There is a warm gentle breeze and the birds are singing their summer songs and the air smells sweet. Stretched out on a comfortable chaise, a tall glass of iced tea next to me, a paperback resting on my chest; I would be reading except a butterfly has landed on the grass beside me and the slow opening and closing of his wings is just too distracting. I close my eyes and doze for a few moments because it is just the thing to do on a perfect summer afternoon.

Hope you have a perfect summer afternoon today.

Love,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers