And climb the stairs to the beach...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Morning Folks 07 12 05


There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again.
Elizabeth Lawrence




I am so drawn to bright and beautiful colors these days. I wonder if getting older does that. I love sparkling jewelry when once I was more drawn to the simple, plain gold bracelet. I have noticed other changes, too. I don't need to be on time everywhere I go anymore. I don't always agree with people just to make them feel good if I feel strongly about something. I find it a little easier to speak in public now and even enjoy it a little. I drove to Boston a month ago and didn't panic or get lost. I am discovering things like riding on motorcycles and want to take ballroom dancing lessons. I have no trouble traveling on planes when once I was terrified. I am looking forward to moving somewhere a respectible distance from the town in which I was born and don't really think 8 miles away in Hudson counts anymore. I am ready for the next adventure in my life.

I might think I was going through a second childhood, but I don't really remember being here before. For today, I am going to embrace being in the place where the flowers are brighter and the air is softer and the mornings more fragrant. I don't think that childhood has exclusive rights to this place because I feel like I sort of belong here myself. Have a bright and colorful Tuesday.
Love,
Suz.

And I hope you are all able to get into my Blog. Remember, go to www.Suziesmusings.blogspot.com and add a comment. Let me know if you are having any trouble getting into the site. (Angie joined the team, but I am not sure how she did it. Maybe you can share how in a comment, Ange.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers