And climb the stairs to the beach...

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Kim and Bill!

Today is my son's and his wife's Fourth Wedding Anniversary. I just thought it would be nice to look back on what was probably the happiest, loveliest wedding I can remember.

They had more fun on that day than most brides and grooms do, I think. What a celebration it was. It took a long time for them to get to the altar so there was a lot of celebrating that had built up over the years. 
I was so thrilled to welcome Kim into our family. And now, I think of her as a daughter rather than a daughter-in-law. Kim is remarkable with her children and devoted to my son. If I had hand chosen her I wouldn't have been able to find anyone more perfect for Bill.

Just a couple of years later, they gave us our Lily who would change all of our lives. What was it like before her? I have no idea. I can't remember it at all before this determined little ball-of-fire came into the world!
And a year and a half after that, they gave us our Owen who is all love and warmth and smiles, the embodiment of his parents' love for one another. 

They are amazing parents. Both of them so patient and focused on their kids, despite busy careers and other obligations. Watching them with their children is like watching a well rehearsed and carefully choreographed dance. They are totally in sync.
They have a lot to be celebrating today. And so do I! Happy Anniversary, Kim and Bill!
Have a great day everyone, especially Kim and Bill!! See you in a little while. (Grammy's babysitting! YAY!)

Love,
Suz


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers