And climb the stairs to the beach...

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Morning Folks 08 25 05



In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful. ~Abram L. Urban





















I can't adequately explain in words how I feel when I see a garden full of asters. From the first time I saw them I was smitten. I guess partly because they are my colors ranging from white to blues, purples, pinks and magentas. But I really think I am so taken by them because they come bursting out late in August as one last summer finale before the golds of fall's chrysanthemums take over. There is so much anticipation from the moment they are planted in the spring throughout May and June as they grow taller and fuller and into July when the buds appear in abundance covering each plant uniformly. Each day I check them almost losing my patience until a tiny bit of color appears in one green bud and I know I can wait a little longer. Then, just when the sadness that a waning summer brings starts to creep in around the edges of each late August morning, they are here. Like "purple asterisks for autumn" they tell you, ah...it is not quite over and there is this wonderful relief that comes over you.
Like some dreams they are vivid, yet so fleeting that one is left wondering if they were real. Yet, the lasting feeling that beauty such as this leaves within makes it matter not if they are real or not. I am left with the certainty that though summer is winding down, I am alive and well and life is good. Next spring, into my garden they go.



Have a beautiful Thursday.
Love,
Suz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers