And climb the stairs to the beach...

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Morning Folks 04 23 06


And you thought I forgot about y'all!
Actually, it has been 12 days since I posted my last entry. But, lots has gone on since then. I went to Chattanooga for 5 days over the Easter weekend. During that time we sent out invitations, ordered the flowers, met with the caterer, ordered the cake,


bought a cake-topper, got Ed his wedding shoes, made hairdresser appointments for various guests and bride,


reserved hotel rooms for out-of-towners, went to dinner with friends who are making the centerpieces,




and still had time to plant a garden with Ed and his grandchildren.




And on Sunday we went to two different Easter services, one at Ed's church where we will be married and one at the UCC church in Chattanooga.





Then we had a nice Easter Celebration with Ed's family and I caught a 6 AM flight home the next morning.

Thank goodness Ed and his son are taking over the planning and execution of this whole wedding. It is pretty hard to get all of these things done being so far away. And I keep thinking of little details that we forget like tablecloths and a cake server. This wedding is only for 35 guests. Can you imagine if it was a big do?







Of course the day before I left I came down with a horrible cold, probably from the plane. So this week I have been feeling a little peeked.

But, under the weather or not, this past week at home I was able to find my wedding shoes and that was major!













Yesterday, I hosted a small Mary Kay party, had lunch with Kathy, saw a movie and I shopped for wedding foundation garments.


Who knew that would be such a pain?

And later today I will head to Franklin to have brunch with friends and relax a little more.







Sometimes I am just amazed at what I can accomplish when I want to. Of course my housework has been on hold forever and I haven't begun to pack or weed things out in preparation for selling. But if I start thinking about that right now, I will blow a gasket!


I keep reminding myself that I need to relax in the midst of stress and I think I am managing to do that. I am starting to relax about the wedding because so much has been accomplished and so much has been taken off my shoulders, thanks to Ed and John and other helpful friends.


And here I am on a Sunday morning sitting at my computer in my robe and wedding shoes,(I have to break them in, after all) sipping a steamy cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee from a favorite mug, just breathing deep and doing what I do to de-stress: write to you.


Anything fun or interesting or challenging in your lives lately? Post your comments and share with the rest of the Morning Folks crowd. I know I am not the only one who loves to read your comments and hear from you all. I like the way it connects people who have never met. And after all, it gets kind of boring hearing just one person's rantings.

Well, I need a refill. Have a wonderful day and I will check in again soon when I need to de-stress.

Love,
Suz

4 comments:

  1. I, too, have been busy, busy, busy. It was fun having a facial treatment with Suzanne and Melinda at Suzanne's house yesterday. The consultant asked what we wanted from the session and I said to be the most beautiful, desirable woman! It hasn't worked yet!! I just wish I felt better. I came down with a doosy of a cold that turned into a sinus infection!! So, now I have to rest and recuperate. That's what I get for all that traveling lately-Chicago, Florida, Wisconsin, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you'll be moving to TN? That should be fun!

    I'm in Atlanta - but spend a great deal of time in the North GA mountains, so sometime, we'll have to get together for lunch.

    Hope all is well!

    Congrats on the wedding!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aunt Suzy!
    Congrats on keeping a cool head & taking things a step at a time. A friend of mine started a company offering Yoga classes for people planning weddings, called "I Do Yoga", all about de-stressing pre-wedding stress. I think it's idoyoga.com...check it out for some more deep breathing tips. Kudos to you also for keeping up with the Blog in the midst of all your doing--who cares about housework! Sky and I have been enjoying spring (despite the last few rainy days). He says that forsythia is his favorite flower--he likes the little yellow stars. We had a blast coloring dozens of Easter eggs & watching him find them with assistance from HIS aunties (they hid them, so were able to offer helpful hints). He had 3 chocolate eggs in his easter basket, which he judicially ate over the course of 5 days--a kind of moderation that I've never been capable of. He also had a stuffed baby squirrel in his basket, which was NOT because I waited until the last minute to find a stuffed rabbit & the store was out of any pretty bunnies, but was because of encounter with a baby squirrel that Sky & Erik has recently. Really! Anyway, we've been having fun, can't wait for more sunny days to dig in the garden & play outside. Blessings, Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU'RE A BUSY BEE! FRANK AND I MET KITTY AND RICK FOR DINNER FRIDAY NIGHT AT SHARPE HILL VINEYARD IN POMFRET, CONNECTICUT. THEN WE DROVE TO THE CAPE FOR THE REST OF THE WEEKEND. WE ARE SO LAZY THERE NOW WE DO NOTHING BUT PUZZLES AND READ AND WALK AND EAT AND DRINK WINE AND SLEEP. AHHH, IT'S A GOOD LIFE!
    LETS BE SURE TO GET TOGETHER ON THE CAPE WHEN IT WARMS UP A BIT -- I THINK WE CAN ADD "MEET FRIENDS" TO OUR EXCLUSIVE LIST OF TO-DO'S, DON'T YOU?

    CARL GRADUATES FROM UMASS ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND AND STARTS WORK ON TUESDAY AFTER. YOU'LL BE GONE TO TENNESEE BY THEN ANYWAY.
    TALK TO YOU LATER, I HOPE.
    LOVE,
    LINDA

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers