And climb the stairs to the beach...

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Morning Folks January 15-16 2006

A pun is a short quip followed by a long groan. ~Author Unknown


A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself. ~Doug Larson

Puns are little "plays on words" that a certain breed of person loves to spring on you and then look at you in a certain self-satisfied way to indicate that he thinks that you must think that he is by far the cleverest person on Earth now that Benjamin Franklin is dead, when in fact what you are thinking is that if this person ever ends up in a lifeboat, the other passengers will hurl him overboard by the end of the first day even if they have plenty of food and water. ~Dave Barry, Why Humor Is Funny

Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. ~Fred Allen
_________________________________________________________________________________
Dont you just love puns? They are more fun to make than to hear, for sure. And I think there may be a pun gene. Most of my family members are pretty good at making some of the best (worst) puns I ever heard. I made one of the best puns of my life- maybe the best pun in all of history- a couple of years ago:

My friend Melinda's two daughters, Emily and Lynn were in my car one night. We were goint to meet Melinda at the Jr. High School, leaving my car in the lot there while we went to see Christmas lights in a nearby neighborhood. As we approached the darkened parking lot, there was a sign that said "Buses Only".


But I wanted to park there and so I pulled in anyway and I said:

"Today I am a bus...it is my BusMitzvah!".







I still think it was genious. You know how Jewish 13 year olds say "Today I am a man."? Well?......Get it?
______________________________________________________________________________


Well, if you don't like that one, you can actually go to www.badpuns.com and find some pretty good ones, but not as good as that one. Here are a couple of samples:


"Doc, Doc! I've got no left ventricle!" Tom said half-heartedly



"I'm waiting for the leap year," he said lackadaisically.







"I'm tired of smiling all the time," moaned Lisa.








Hope you have a great Punday!
Love,
Suz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers