And climb the stairs to the beach...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Morning Folks 09 20 05




No matter how much pressure you feel at work, if you could find ways to relax for at least five minutes every hour, you'd be more productive. Dr. Joyce Brothers

I hope you find a few minutes to relax today. I am going to try. Yesterday was pretty bad as Mondays go. I never looked up from my computer except for the couple of times that Melinda in the next office checked on me to see if I was still breathing.

I hate those kind of days. This time of year I get so caught up in what I am doing and before I know it, it is time to go home or to the night's meeting. Usually I look up about 7:00 and realize I haven't had lunch, or supper for that matter; every hallway and office in the building is dark, except mine and I sort of stumble out of the office thinking about what I have to do at the meeting or tomorrow or wonder if I have any food in the refrigerator at home. No wonder I get a stiff neck and bleary eyes all the time. But, it is my own fault, really. I could take a break if I wanted to. I just get so focused and I don't want to stop once I have started. I think they call that being in the "zone". Although there are times it feels like the Twilight Zone.

So, Tuesday I will think of this fellow Leo in the picture above, all stretched out, relaxing and see if I can remember to take a break and relax a little from time to time. I don't know if I will be able to take 5 minutes each hour, or if I will be more productive, but if nothing else, my neck won't hurt as much and Melinda won't have to come in and stick a mirror under my nose.

Have a wonderful day today.

Love,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers