And climb the stairs to the beach...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Feel Good Friday June 17, 2011

I missed last week's Feel Good Friday so I thought I would combine the last two weeks in which so much happened that made me feel good!  

Yippee! The house sold!

We were so relieved that our home sold, since we have purchased one in Naples. We decided to stick to the plan of getting me to the Cape, in spite of having to pack up the house. We didn't have an exact closing date so instead of changing plans we stuck to them and drove up to Massachusetts. 

We drove from Tennessee right to Bill and Kim's in Westford, MA before going on to the Cape. After all, we had to see our Lily, and her parents and Uncle Doug, of course.
There, Lily met Grampa Ed for the first time.

Ed says animals and babies love him. I am inclined to believe that.
Lily lounges with Grampa Ed while he chats on the phone.
Lily and Maggie met for the first time. Neither one of them seemed too interested in the other. After all, Lily can't wiggle a string for Maggie to chase, and Lily hasn't quite figured out how to put Maggie's tail in her mouth.  So they sort of ignored each other for the most part.
Lily got to meet Maggie while she sits on Uncle Dooger's lap.

We made it safely to the Cape, my favorite place.
The weather wasn't like this at all. Just rainy and chilly. But maybe today
it will be just like this once again.

After only spending one day at the beach, poor Ed had to head home to Tennessee and back to work. He left the car, the cat and me behind at the Cape. I will see him in a week or so. Meanwhile, I think he may be getting some golf in back there. 

Kim and Bill posted a video on Facebook of Lily rolling over, her new trick. She is so talented!

Rodney and Ruth
 In June the Mass Municipal Auditors and Accountants hold their annual meeting here on the Cape. I got to see many of my old accountant buddies, including Ruth and Rodney. Ruth spent a few days here and she and Maggie became fast friends. Both Ruth and I caught Rodney's cold. He swore it was just allergies.
Ruth and the MaggnifiCat

Our Lily turned 4 months old on Wednesday. She is getting so cute. Starting to look like me, don't you think?
 They are almost finished with our home in Naples. The realtor sent us this photo on Wednesday. Tile is laid, cabinets are in. Plants and rough landscaping is done. We are getting excited. It should be done in a few weeks. We probably won't be  moving our furniture in until the end of the summer. Poor Ed has to keep working for a while longer. We aren't sure where he'll be living yet. But he is so laid back about things like that. I'd be frantic! But, he's planning on visiting both here later in the summer and in Naples over the next several months. And I'll have to go back to see him and my grandkids and friends from time to time. It will be like old times when we had a long distance relationship for six years. I think we can do it for six months or however long it ends up being.

Our Naples Home under construction but almost completed.

Thursday was my brother in law's birthday. Happy Birthday Steve! Love ya!

Steve met Lily a few months ago.

I am heading to Sudbury to see friends tomorrow evening and attend a cabaret at my church. It should be fun. Sister Becky and pal Melinda are both in it. 
Becky and me

Pal Melinda (affectionately known as Melonhead)
I had lunch with Dianne on Wednesday. Diane is an old high school chum who lives in CA and I hadn't seen her since last summer. She comes to the Cape once a year and fortunately we were both here at the same time. We had a LONG lunch and caught up on everything. It was really great to see her again.

I went to a Pampered Chef party given by nieces Erin and Joanna. Joanna hosts FeelGoodFridays on her blog. At the party and in  Joanna's blog Feel Good Friday  posting she talked about a dream I had where her father's name was Primrose Jim. For some reason it struck her so funny she's still laughing. I guess maybe if you knew her father, whose name is really George, well...

Primrose Jim
The Pampered Chef party was fun. Ruth went with me. And, I even bought something.

On Sunday, I had a great brunch with sister-in-law Kathie and a group of people who gather at one special deli every Sunday morning. I hadn't seen them since last year. (One of them gave me a very warm compliment on my Henrietta blog, making me feel bad that I never got around to posting last week. But I did this week! http://www.thehuntforhenrietta.blogspot/ if you are interested.)

Ruth left on Wednesday and I went to the Laundromat and did all my laundry from the last week or so, except sheets, which Melinda said I could do at her house this weekend. So that feels REALLY good.

So, it's been a really busy 2 weeks. Next week I get to see our Lily again and babysit for a day. Then, Doug's going to cat sit while I go home and pack up the house with the movers. But I will be back on the Cape before you can say Primrose Jim.

Have a great week!



  1. Congrats on selling the house!! I hadn't heard. That is great news :)

  2. whhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt? You sold your house?????????

  3. Did Kathy change the spelling of her name?


Search This Blog