And climb the stairs to the beach...

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Morning Folks 09 04 08

Morning Folks. It's been a while since my last post. I believe it was August 6 and here we are into the first week of September already. Since then, I continued to spend the month of August on the Cape where I was able to visit with most of my family and friends in the area. There were a lot of you to fit in and I regret that I didn't get to see everyone, but maybe next time I will be lucky enough to visit with you all.

Ed came back up from TN for the last two weeks in August so we had a great time going to the beach, researching some family geneaology and tramping through some Cape Cod cemeteries looking for ancestors. We loved seeing friends and family and even went out dancing one night. We got out to Franklin to see Kitty and Rick and then on to Sudbury to see the gang and have dinner at Melinda and George's.

Our hosts.

We missed seeing Malaryn and Denny, who are part of that group but find it tough to get off Martha's Vineyard in the summer, especially.

Frankie and Ed.

I didn't get a picture of them together, but Frank and Linda celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary that night.

Linder and me.

Congrats Anniversary Tart.

I brought my own birthday cake, but, alas, it fell out of the refrigerator before we got to serve it. Tasted good, though!

Elizabeth and Linder enjoy the wine.

Ed and Kitty cuddled alot.

Kitty, Linder and Rick raised a glass, or two.

Delicious Food.

Great conversation, wonderful weather.

Ed had a blast. Can you tell? We all had lots of fun as we always do! I have missed my peeps.

We also had a visit from our friends Terry and Debbie who stopped by the trailer, but the pictures I took of them are on the laptop. And, as some of you already know, I drowned the laptop in Diet Pepsi shortly before we left the Cape, so those pix are unavailable at this time! That also explains why I didn't do the Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit e-mail this month. But I remembered mine. Did you?

After we left the Cape last Saturday, we went to visit Ed's son, Joe, in Wilmington, NC. He lives in what's called the Cape Fear Coastal area and the beach we went to is Wrightsville Beach. The waves were wild! The beach was beautiful. We spent hours cavorting in the surf. It was pretty funny to see, I suppose, two rotund AARP-ers jumping around like kids, but it was so much fun.

We both got sunburned a little.

No pix of me in a bathing suit because I had control of the camera!

So back to reality in TN as of Tuesday night. Bags are unpacked and laundry's all done. Have to run to the computer geeks' to see if the laptop can be resurrected; groceries to shop for and dinners to plan; all my outside planters are dried up and dead so it's time to go get some mums and plant some perrenniels in the gardens for next year and of course we have to go see the grandkids asap. It's good to be home, but I had a wonderful summer and I am so grateful to Ed for letting me have all that fun while he worked. I am a lucky gal for lots of reasons. I hope you all had a great summer, too.

Have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog