And climb the stairs to the beach...

Monday, March 26, 2007

Morning Folks 03 26 07

Morning Folks.
My Biloxi buddies did return to Chattanooga on Saturday evening, relating lots of stories of the experience they had. They met some wonderful people and were so moved by the way some of our poorest citizens have been living and in some cases will continue to live. And yet the spirit of these people was remarkable. They left yesterday morning, heading north to Burtonsville, MD on their way home to Massachusetts.

They're Baaaaaaaack!



Although Hal hasn't posted a "letter from Biloxi" since Friday's he and his fellow travelers have many stories to share. Indeed they are already looking for a week next year for them to return to Biloxi. Many of the weeks are already taken by the various volunteer groups from all around the country, but chances are it will be next February or March. However, they have determined that flying will be the way to go next time.




If Hal sends a wrap up letter, which I am hoping he will do, I will certainly post it here.


We did have a wonderful visit. We went to dinner at the Olive Garden so they never had to have the cornflake topped casserole I was going to serve. We had dessert back at my house and I got to see hundreds of pictures that Hal and Betsey had taken. Some of the pictures are amazing and if Hal will share them with me, I can post some of them here. I know they got a picture of the group on my deck having a glass of wine and I hope he sends me that one, too. (Frank: FYI Dr. Beckermann- Auslese, Rheinhessen in a lovely blue bottle!)













The next morning we ate biscuits with our morning coffee and I bid them farewell as they headed off to the Kornegay home in Maryland. They expect to be arriving back in Sudbury this evening after their 3rd day on the road.
(Click on this picture to enlarge and you can see their van on their way up the hill)


There are 9 turns between my house and the main drag. But at different points in that mile and a half maze I can actually see people from my back deck. I could see them coming on Saturday night and saw them leaving on Sunday morning. If you look closely, you can see their white van heading up hill on their way home.


It was a wonderful treat for me to have them at my home. I hope to see them next month when I am back home in Sudbury for the first time in 6 months.


Have a great day!

Love,

Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers