And climb the stairs to the beach...

Monday, February 06, 2006

Morning Folks 02 06 2006

Today's blog is just a quick study on worry and reasons why I should be trying to eliminate it from my life. I think women worry when they feel they can't control a situation. I know I do. And there are so many things we can't control we could worry our lives away. So, that is a goal of mine. With all the changes and responsibilities that I see in my immediate future, there has been a lot of worrying. So, my goal for today, anyway, is to stop worrying and to do something about a situation when I can and let go when I can't.




Don't Worry...Be Happy! Bobby McFerrin-

Click on the Morning Folks Title or paste the following link in your browser and hear a little of Don't Worry Be Happy with some cute graphics. I hope you hum it all day long!

http://www.stinalisa.com/DontWorry.html

The Best Concert I have ever been to was a Bobby McFerrin Concert. He completely involves the audience. The sounds he puts together that come from his own vocal cords is amazing. In one song we all had parts and we were instruments in a classical piece. It was beautiful. But he is best known for the Dont Worry song. I have that on my phone as a ringtone now.



"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will."
Epictetus


Worry a painting by Susan Guzdek. I guess she was trying to say that worry just ties us up in knots, wouldn't you say? I think this is a very good interpretation of how I feel when I worry too much.








Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. Benjamin Franklin


Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow - it empties today of strength.
Corrie ten Boom

What worries you masters you.
Haddon W. Robinson

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?
Shantideva


What me worry? When I was a kid, I never understood the humor or the phrase in Mad magazine. Now that I am an adult, I get it!







Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
Charles M. Schulz








Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind, and has given up worrying once and for all. Ovid
Roman poet (43 BC - 17 AD)


Blessed is the person who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night.
Unknown

Love,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers