And climb the stairs to the beach...

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Morning Folks

I just want to take the moment to wish you all A HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope this year you will get to see or at least talk to all the people you love. I will really miss my boys, but as our kids call Ed's sons, their brother's from another mother John and Joe are coming, and maybe Nephew Danny and of course the grandkids. So there will be plenty of loved ones gathered around our table. Ed is doing the cooking, (Something else to be thankful for!) I have already gotten a good start on the baking and the house is spic and span. So, it should be a wonderful day.

This year, when you are watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, notice the band playing at 10:26, or at least that's the schedule that was in the paper. The Ooltewah Highschool Marching Band should be on your TV screen at that time. As you watch you can say "Hey I know someone who lives in Ooltewah!" That's big news around here as you can imagine.

Friday morning, Ed and I are heading to Memphis for a couple of days to spend what promises to be a very special night at the Peabody Hotel, "the south's grand hotel" courtesy of my wonderful "gang" of friends back in Mass. A gift certificate for one night's stay with very fancy accomodations on the exclusive "club" floor, (the top floor) was a wedding gift from Rick and Kitty, George and Melonhead, Linder and Frank, Elizabeth and Malaryn and Denny. There might be a blog in there, So, stay tuned!!!

I am so thankful for my family and friends on Thanksgiving, just like I am every day of the year. But, it's nice to actually all be thinking about it at the same time!
So, Sing a verse of We Gather Together, carve that old bird, dig into the marshmallows and sweet potatoes, that green bean casserole or that jello salad. Slice the cranberry nut bread and the apple pie; watch the parade, the football games, take that after dinner constitutional or snooze... Then kiss your kids if you are lucky enough to have them with you, or your parents or friends and say a prayer of thanks to God that they are in your life. Ed and I have so much to be thankful for this year. I hope you do, too. You are all in our hearts and thoughts. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!!!!

Love, Suz

1 comment:

  1. Suz,

    Hope you guys have a good Thanksgiving and a great trip out West, haha. Looks like I'll be moving to Nashville next year.

    Cheers,

    Adam Watson

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers