And climb the stairs to the beach...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Morning Folks 12 14 05




"Once you begin to believe there is help 'out there,' you will know it to be true."-- Saint Bartholomew

I know this quote from Saint Bartholomew is supposed to be spiritual and on another night when I don't have so much to do and I feel a little better, maybe I would be able to think on a higher plane. But for now, I just need help getting things done in time for Christmas.

When I was a kid I used to lie on my bed when I was sent to my room to clean it, and I would close my eyes tight and wish with all my might that elves would come and clean it for me. I sometimes would fall asleep and before I opened my eyes I readied myself for the surprise that I knew would come, but it never did. My room was still a mess. This was a fairly regular occurance as my room was often in need of cleaning. As the years went by I was continually disappointed but I never completely gave up believing that they would come. In fact here I am several years older and still going to bed wishing elves would come during the night and do my laundry, at least.

I guess I took the Elves and the Shoemaker a little too seriously. But, I have figured it out and I know elves are not going to come in the night. And it really kind of sucks. But honestly, wouldn't it be just outstanding if it was true? I guess all we can realistically wish for is a surge of energy or a reprieve in the workload and continue to believe in oursELVES! Hey, did you notice that? Do you see what I see in that word???

Hey, Auntie Em! All this time I was waiting for help from the elves "out there" when all along all I had to do was look inside mysELF. In this case maybe it would be an advantage to have multiple personalities.

Ignore me, I am on medication! Have a great day and try to enjoy yoursELVES.

Love,
Suz





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers