And climb the stairs to the beach...

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Morning Folks August 1, 2008






Here I am on Old Cape Cod and it is the first of August already. And let me tell you, on the Cape there are Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits! I don't know where they all came from and I don't remember there being so many of them. But they are in every yard every day. I don't think I would ever forget to say my rabbits around here.



I bet when people see my Tennessee license plates they just think I am a redneck tourist who knows nothing about the Cape. That is until they see the Patriots logo on the back window. And this trip I notice Massachusetts accents so much more than I used to. I haven't taken on the Tennessee twang myself yet, in fact I think I emphasize the slight MA accent I do have when I am down there just to rebel. I have noticed my R's occasionally move out of the middle of some of my words and settle on to the end of others, but just occasionally. But, oh Brothah, the accents around heah ah wicked.


Being back here makes me realize how much I miss the ocean and I try to get down there every day that the weather cooperates.


Things are a lot greener here than I remember for this time of year. In Tennessee, the summer has already been going full strength for a month or more longer than here in the northeast, and many of the flowers are gone by and some of the lawns are a little brown. I guess it's been pretty rainy here this season and as a result, the hydrangeas on the Cape are amazing! I just love them and I have never seen them as beautiful anywhere else.















I have been having fun visiting with folks. I wrote in an earlier blog that I spent time with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins in Maine and I have seen both of my kids and some of Ed's family, (now they are mine also, of course).


And I have had some time to visit with friends.






My friend Ruth came down here a couple of times and last weekend we went to Provincetown to see friends of ours who live right on the beach in the most beautiful location. The gardens and the views are spectacular. I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful spot.

















Then on Thursday night I drove to Sudbury and had dinner with some of my gal pals from work. Hopefully I will be able to hook up with the rest of my family and more of my pals before I head home.

I guess I have gotten used to thinking of TN as home, to some degree. I miss some things there, now that I am here. I miss my hummingbirds at breakfast. I miss having a washer and dryer and my desktop computer. Being in a travel trailer, I miss the spaciousness of our home and the dishwasher and town sewers. I miss $3.63 gasoline and people wishing me a blessed day.

I miss the silhouette of Lookout Mountain and bluebirds on the fence.


And our grandkids, of course.



But mostly I miss Ed and wish he was here. I guess I've gotten used to having him around.

Have a wonderful day and a great August!


Love,
Suz
Love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers