And climb the stairs to the beach...

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Morning Folks 11 04 06

I thought I would post a little photo-log of moving day. It was a beautiful October day and although it was just a mere ten days ago, it seems like a year has passed since then.

The crew showed up at about 8:30 and Ed and I were ready for them.

We had worked like crazy to get things ready and had gotten rid of so much unneeded stuff. I think we still could have managed to get rid of more if it hadn't been so stressful. It's hard to give and/or throw away your perfectly good stuff just because you don't need it! But I had way too much and it eventually felt good to be simplifying that part of things.

The crew from Sebastian Moving Company headed by Wayne, included Don, our driver Mike and Allie, who did a lot of the packing along with Wayne.

It was a pretty big truck, but not completely empty when they arrived. They had some other things on it already from another move. I just wasn't convinced they left enough room for my stuff.

Wayne explained that he was a professional and to trust him. He promised to get everything into that truck, but I just couldn't believe it would all fit.

Wayne spends a lot of time on the phone from what I understand. But he took very good care of us and if you have to make a long distance move along the eastern part of the US, I will give you his number. He was really great to work with. He was salesman, packer and supervisor. He was right there on the job and that made me feel so much less stressed.

They emptied my house quickly and professionally.

And they fit every last thing in there. I don't know how they did it, but they did! They used every last cubic inch of space in that truck. It was right up to the roof and flush with the door. Amazing how they did it. Doug says they Tetris things in when they fit things in like that. A reference you video gamers would understand.

Ta-da! Bravo for the crew!

While the crew packed the truck, Ed packed my car before they loaded it onto a flatbed trailer. He packed it right to the roof with items that we needed right away in Chattanooga.

The plan was that Mike would drive the truck, towing the car to Chattanooga, dropping off the car and my clothes and some other essentials, like my computer, my jewelry and some files and then put everything else in storage until we get a new house in TN.

Ed watches as they finish up and get ready to hit the road. Ed was my strength during this whole process. My siblings and their families were a big help, too. Doug and Bill helped with moving things around before moving day. Bill was nice enough to lend the use of his truck in getting things to the church for their White Elephant sale and helped moving things to various locales. And Doug was just as helpful lending his brawn and getting rid of various larger items I couldn't get rid of. Not to mention the moral support my kids always give me.

So there you go, folks. That's what happened on moving day! More about my good-byes to Sudbury and friends and family on later blogs.

Until then, have a great Sunday and GO PATS!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's quite an operation! Nice to see you were in good hands. Good luck with all the unpacking. Please post some pictures of TN so we can see where you now hale from. Especially when we're socked in with snow & ice and you're strolling along in shorts :)


Search This Blog