And climb the stairs to the beach...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Morning Folks 03 09 06


"The surest way to be late is to have plenty of time."

-- Leo Kennedy


So true. So true. Did you ever notice that the person who lives closest to the meeting place is always the last to arrive? It happens to me. I think it is because I always discount the travel time way too much. But I also find the older I get, the later I am.

There was a time when I had to be the first to arrive...anywhere! I think it started when I was a kid and I just didn't want anyone to look at me. So if I was there first, my entrance was invisible. I would never walk into a class if had already started. I would rather die! And my sisters will tell you that I always got to the movie before the previous one ended. Actually, that is one area where I still have trouble and that is strictly a practical solution for someone who is altitudinally challenged. If I get to a movie late, I can't see if I am behind the average sized individual, say nothing of someone with big hair.


But why is it that even when I know I am running very late, I still have to spend that 5 minutes finding the right pair of earrings for the outfit?




Or worse, there are days when I am having trouble with a clasp on a bracelet and no matter how late I am, until I get that fastened, I can't give up on it! I have taken 10 minutes trying to fasten a bracelet. A couple of times I just slipped it in my pocket and had Melinda fasten it for me at work.












I just can't seem to shake that compulsive behavior around my accessories no matter how late I am running! I think that has something to do with the quote from Steel Magnolias: "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."















Well, here I am running late and still I have to finish the Blog. I have to find just the right pictures and format them and paste them in and...well, I will probably be a few minutes late to work again this morning.







Have a great day!
Love,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers